COVID-19 serologic testing
Detection of antibodies targeted against SARS-CoV-2
Serology testing aims at:
- Detecting the persons who may have been exposed to the virus and then developed an immune response.
- Assessing the immune response after vaccination.
To find out about an individual `s immunologic status
- After vaccination
- After an infection with COVID-19 or
- After a potential exposure to COVID-19
Antibodies testing is performed using Roche assay SARS-CoV-2 (spike protein) IgG/IgM total antibody test.
Price: 35 euros
- NO medical prescription is required. Detection of antibodies targeted against COVID-19 can be performed WITH or WITHOUT a medical prescription (ordonnance) and WITHOUT an appointment in our blood withdrawal centers.
- Specimen sample: A blood sample (1 dry tube) is required for serology testing.
- The costs for serology testing are not covered by the CNS.
We would like to remind you that:
So far, serology tests will not allow to determine how contagious those individuals are likely to be.
- The kinetics of antibody production against the virus is not well defined yet, especially in asymptomatic people.
- The time period of a possible immunity is also unclear.
These applications and recommendations will be regularly updated according to the rapidly evolving knowledge on COVID-19 and to the governmental recommendations.